Our first stop will be at a viewing point of the Varosha section of Famagusta, which has been frozen in time and became known as the Ghost Town. Prior to the Turkish invasion, this was one of the world’s best-known tourist resorts with its golden sand beaches and modern architecture. We will take a walk in the old town of Famagusta, surrounded by massive historical walls. Here you will see St. Nicholas’ Cathedral, a Gothic church which has been turned into a mosque.
Travelling across Kerynia mountains we will see the Pentadaktylos peak, and will arrive at Bellapais Abbey – a masterpiece of Gothic art and an architectural monument of world’s importance. From here you will see the splendid view of the northern coastline.
Our next stop will be in Kerynia, where you may visit Kerynia castle and observe the impact of many different historical periods, as well as enjoy the beautiful surroundings of the old harbor near which the castle is situated. You will also have time to have lunch in the area.
Passing the Buffer Zone in Nicosia, also known as the Green Line, we will return to Limassol.
Duration: 08:00 – 17:00
Price: Adult € 55; Child € 30
Pick-up location: hotel or another agreed place in Limassol
- information about pick-up from other locations, including hotels in Pissouri, will be provided upon request
- exact pick-up and drop-off time may vary depending upon your pick-up location
- PASSPORT/ ID card is required to enter the occupied area
- bring swimming gear and towel
- lunch is optional and not included in the price of the tour