True North Yachting Ltd was the first RYA training centre in Cyprus, offering a rage of shorebased, practical and specialist courses. These can be covered as a series of short sessions, or intensively over a week or a few days, depending on the course. All courses are taught in English language.
Whether your goal is to spend more quality downtime on the water, to travel, to compete, to work, or to advance your career; there’s a course for you!
– Essential Navigation and Seamanship (16 hours) – series of short sessions or 2 full days
– Day Skipper (40 hours with two exam papers) – series of short sessions or intensive week-long course
– Coastal Skipper & Yachtmaster Offshore (60 hours with three exam papers) – series of short sessions or intensive week-long course, or distance learning
– Start Yachting (2 days)
– Competent Crew (5 days, 3 weekends or 3 days plus a weekend. If you have done the Start Yachting course, this course can be completed in 3 or 4 days)
– Day Skipper (5 days, 3 weekends or 3 days plus 2 days)
– Coastal Skipper (5 days)
– RYA/MCA Yachmaster Coastal Preparation Week
– RYA/MCA Yachmaster Offshore Preparation Week
Specialist Short Courses (expand your knowledge and skills)
These courses are usually run over one full day or a number of shorter sessions
– Sea Survival
– First Aid
– Marine Radio SRC (Short Range Certificate) VHF
– Diesel Engines
You will be taught by an experienced skipper aboard a seaworthy yacht. The school is inspected annually from UK inspectors to ensure that training yachts and instructors meet the high standards required from the RYA and Maritime and Coastguard agency (MCA). At the end of each successful course you will receive an RYA certificate.
For further information, course dates and availability please contact us