Take a trip to the only divided capital in the world – Nicosia (Lefkosia). Here we will visit the Archbishop Palace, which took much fighting during the invasion of 1974, and St John’s Cathedral (Ayios Ioannis), within the courtyard of the palace. We will then walk through Laiki Geitonia – a traditional neighborhood of Nicosia with narrow winding streets and craft shops. In the Leventis Municipal Museum, you may see objects from the history of the city and island. Arriving at the liveliest part of the old city – Ledra Street, you will have free time for souvenir shopping and if you like, you may visit the Turkish Occupied Area of Cyprus, separated by the UN Buffer Zone.
Saying goodbye to Nicosia, we will drive towards the charming and diverse Larnaca (Larnaka), where we will visit Agios Lazaros Church – one of the finest examples of Byzantine architecture. Arriving at the famous palm tree lined sea front – Finikoudes Promenade you will have free time to enjoy a swim (during the summer season), visit cafes and restaurants.
Duration: 08:00 – 17:00
Price: Adult € 40; Child € 25
Pick-up location: hotel or another agreed place in Limassol
- information about pick-up from other locations, including hotels in Pissouri, will be provided upon request
- exact pick-up and drop-off time may vary depending upon your pick-up location
- PASSPORT/ ID card is required to enter the occupied area
- lunch is optional and not included in the price of the tour
- entrance to museums and archaeological sights is optional and fees are not included in the price
- during the summer season (May – October) bring you swimming gear and towel